Saturday 30 July 2011

A bigger garden

Today I have a new viewpoint. To borrow an analogy from a new friend and kindred spirit, (thank you) there is a picture frame through which I view the world. It is very large. Across a whole wall it is broken into sections, rectangular at the lower panels and with an angled edge at the higher, as the window leads up to the pitched roof. Glass gables I suppose you might say.

The effect is to look like the forest outside is part of my world inside. It is green and brown, and very, very still and quiet. The trees stand tall and firm. They disappear into the distance in a triumph of perspective generosity; allowing my eye to wonder what is beyond. I know it is more of the same, with a few expected changes and perhaps some unexpected challenges. There will also be some wonderful surprises. Things you come across, that are worth exploring.

The trees are serene and constant. All the tendencies of a goddess's mind. Sensitive and somewhat aloof, but constant. Dappled light streams through the leaves, indicating the day beyond.

I sit alone though. Contemplating the stillness.